Tune in to our latest ‘This month in prophecy talk.’
- Increase of violent crime and murder in London and British cities and around the world.
- Syria’s war causes massive death and destruction and millions of refugees. Russian and Iranian forces enter the war on Assad’s side. Now there is the danger of a confrontation between Israel and Iran.
- UN report warns that global food and water resources are under threat. Land degraded and fish dying in the sea.
These news items tie in with prophecies of the Bible about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus said that it would be ‘as in the days of Noah’ before His return. In Genesis 6 we read that in those days ‘the earth was filled with violence’ and ‘every imagination of the heart of man was only evil continually.’ The Bible tells us that wickedness will increase and in the last days there will be dangerous times, when people will be ‘without self-control, brutal, despisers of good’ (2 Timothy 3). Revelation 9 implies that influences on people in the last days will cause an increase of ‘murders, sorceries (the word used in Greek implies occultism and drug abuse), sexual immorality and thefts’.
- Jesus said there would be an increase in wars and conflicts in the last days. The last war will focus on the Middle East. The Bible prophesies that the Jewish people will return to Israel (Ezekiel 36, Jeremiah 31) and there will be an issue involving all nations over Jerusalem (Zechariah 12). Israel will face an attack from the north involving an alliance of nations led by a great power ‘to the uttermost north’ (Russia) and involving Persia / Iran (Ezekiel 38-9). According to Ezekiel’s prophecy God will intervene to save Israel at this time. According to the New Testament Jesus will return to set up His Messianic kingdom at the time of war over Israel (Zechariah 14, Revelation 16, 19).
- Many prophecies of the Bible speak of an environmental disaster in the last days of this age, with an increase of famines and earthquakes (Matthew 24.7, Isaiah 24, Revelation 6). Revelation 8 describes a time when trees will be burnt up, fish will die in the sea and fresh water will be polluted and scarce.
There are many other things happening in the world today which point us to the fulfilment of Bible prophecy in our time. Jesus warned of an increase of persecution of Christians in the days before His return (Luke 21). People will scoff at the message of the Bible and even much of the professing church will reject the Gospel (2 Timothy 3-4, 2 Peter 3).
In the last days there will be an increase in technological knowledge and people will travel around the world: ‘Knowledge will increase and people will go to and fro’ (Daniel 12.4). This will lead to a globalisation process which will bring an anti-christian world government to power at the end of this age (Revelation 13)
The world is moving in the direction of events exactly as prophesied in the Bible for the end of this age. This means that we are living in the days before Jesus comes again. We don’t know the day or the hour of His return, but we do know the signs of His coming.
He promised that He will come first to take those who believe in Him and then to judge the world in righteousness. Jesus told us to be ready for this event: ‘Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.’ Matthew 24.42-44
The last days’ scenario will be a time when God’s judgement will be poured out on a world that has rejected the message of the Gospel. We urge you to ‘flee the wrath to come’, and to escape from God’s coming judgement.
To be ready for the Second Coming of Jesus you need to repent of your sins, and believe that Jesus is the Saviour and Lord, who died as a sacrifice for your sins and rose again from the dead. Do this and you will be sure of a wonderful future in God’s eternal kingdom.
God … now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead. Acts 17.30-31.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 约翰福音3.16
Ask God to save you by praying along these lines: ‘Lord God, I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose again from the dead to give eternal life to all who call on His name for salvation. I am sorry for my sins and ask you to forgive me and give me eternal life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
We do a monthly update of prophetic events taking place in the world, which is recorded on the last Sunday of the month and is available on this website. If you would like to attend the meeting when it is recorded, come to:
The Bridge Christian Fellowship,
54, Bridge Lane, London NW11 0EH
at 6.30pm on the last Sunday of the month.