So, are we living in the last days? Is time running out for the human race?
You have to say that things are not going too well for the human race at this present time.
There is a veteran philosopher and political activist called Noam Chomsky who wrote in The Spectator magazine last year saying
Was he overstating it, or is it actually a possibility?
If you look around, there are multiple crises hitting the world at this present time. War, bad government, poverty, violence have brought some nations to the brink of collapse. Millions of refugees are being sent around the world looking for a better place to live.
The Middle East is constantly in focus, and always part of the focus for global events.
You’ve got extreme heat, droughts, floods, and very cold weather in some places.
Global food production distribution of food is in decline with the UN is warning that a coming famine could result in up to a billion people suffering from hunger.
You’ve got family life from moral values under attack, you’ve got confusion over sex and gender, confusion over what marriage is. Even and if you believe that marriage is just between a man and a woman, you’ll find that some people, even in the church, don’t agree with you.
And we have also an assault on our youth with children being told that there are many genders and they can change sex if they like.
At the same time you got a growing financial crisis around the world prices rising shortage of supplies many countries people are crushed by poverty and they don’t really have a way out of that.
And if you look in the developed countries like ours, you find that the economies are all massively in debt both public debt and private debt which probably they will never be able to pay back.
Economists are warning about inflation economic crisis and, just in the last couple of days, we’ve seen the collapse of a bank.
Questions are just going to carry on being raised and these events threaten people’s financial security. A lot of people in the financial world are talking about changing the system for money and move away from cash and cheques and normal bank accounts to what they call central bank digital currencies.
I’ll tell you a bit more about that later on. Now, you can read about this all the time in the newspapers, but this one piece of information they don’t tell you is that all these things line up with Bible prophecies, things which are said to happen in the Last Days.
Here are just a few examples. It says in the Bible that
- There is going to be an increase in wars famines plates and earthquakes – Luke 21
- The earth is going to be filled with violence and immorality
- Many people are going to grow afraid of what’s going to happen – Luke 17
- Lawlessness will abound – Matthew 24 tells you something about that
- There will be widespread pollution of the earth and destruction of the environment – you can read about that in Isaiah 24 and Revelation chapter 8
- The obvious situation for us in this room is the Middle East, what concerns Israel and Jerusalem which will bring about the last war before Jesus returns.
- At the same time, we’re going to see a globalisation process backed by high tech developments in an attempt to bring about a global government controlling the world
- And you’re also going to see an attack on the Bible from all sides, both from within so-called Christians, and from outside, in the world. Despite this, the message of the Gospel is going to reach all nations, despite opposition and persecution.
Do you see any of those things happening? Do you see all of them happening? One of them?
The interesting thing about our time is that all these things are converging. People say, ‘Well, there have been wars and troubles before throughout history’. Yes, there have been. But what we’re seeing today is that these specific prophecies of the Bible are all converging at one time, and that’s our time.
A lot of sceptics mock the idea, they say, ‘We’ve heard all this before. Christians already told us that Jesus was coming back again, and nothing happened. So we really don’t believe it’.
It is prophesied in the Bible. 2 Peter chapter 3 says,
Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come scoffing and following their own desires. They will say, ‘Where is this coming He prophesied, He promised. Ever since our ancestors died everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation’.
So is everything going as it always has? Or would it be a sudden intervention of God?
If you take the Bible literally, then, you have to believe that there’s going to be a time when God is going to intervene very dramatically in the affairs of this planet. It’ll be the biggest intervention of God you have had since creation, and it’s going to bring about a radical change in the way the world is run.