In 1939 as World War 2 had just begun, King George VI gave his famous Christmas message quoting the poem “The Gate of the Year”: ‘I said to the man who stood at the Gate of the Year, ‘Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.’ And he replied, ‘Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the Hand of God. That shall be better than light, and safer than a known way.’
Today many people feel a fear of the unknown and what is coming on the world as they did in 1939. In this talk we look at the Exodus story and the experience of the people of Israel as an example of a people going out into the unknown and needing to put their hand in the hand of God.
That is what we need to do today.
We look at parallels between Passover / Exodus and our salvation in Yeshua / Jesus the Messiah.
· The blood of the Passover Lamb / the blood of the Messiah.
· Those under the blood pass over from death to life, from slavery to freedom.
· Pharaoh as a type of the god of this world, Satan, seeking to take the people God has set free back into slavery, sin and death.
· The salvation of the Lord in Exodus14. Salvation in Hebrew is Yeshua = Jesus.
· The crossing of the Red Sea – a picture of our deliverance from our enemy that opens up the way to the Promised Land
See how the Bible fits together in the amazing types and prophecies which all point to Yeshua the Messiah.
For the full talk go to:
Talk begins after 29 minutes.